Friday 9 March 2012

WIP The Movie Blogfest - The Brightest Fell

LUKE GARDENER (George MacKay)

My main male character. Luke, along with Noah and Rachel, was one of three popular 16-yr-olds who were abducted on their way to a party. Luke escaped, and together with India (below) he plans to track down Rachel before it's too late.


Personality: Before the abduction, Luke was an outgoing joker who always knew what to say (especially to girls). Now, he's losing his mind and only India can save him...


INDIA JEFFRIES (Jacqueline Jossa)


My female main character. Dyslexic India is as tough as it gets - she doesn't show weakness, and defends her position as the leader of the 'special' kids with everything she's got. In a moment of weakness, she agrees to help ex-friend Luke find the girl she's never liked, and it changes her life.
RACHEL TRENT (Kaya Scodelario)


Rachel is very much a man's woman. She doesn't get on well with other girls, preferring to hang out with her two best friends Luke and Noah, and terrorising the social outcasts of Wakeleigh Community College. Five months ago, she was abducted along with Luke and Noah, and is the only one still missing. But is she still alive?



NOAH RICHARDSON (Benjamin Gur)


Every school has a Noah. Wealthy, hot, and a charmer, Noah was the king of Wakeleigh school - until his body was found five months after he and his friends were kidnapped. He and Luke were like brothers, and Luke takes Noah's death very, very badly. But does he know more about how Noah died than he's letting on?


ROSS DARENT (Jack McMullen)


Ross is a nasty piece of work. Always trying to get into the popular gang, and in unrequited love with the unnatainable Rachel, now that there's a vacancy for most popular kid in school, Ross plan to take it...


HETTY GARDENER (Clair Skinner)


Luke's mum. The massive change in her son and financial circumstances means that life is very different for this 'lady of leisure', and she starts to crumble...


KITTY DIXON (Ruby Bentall)


India's best friend, Kitty is actually ginger (actress Ruby Bentall would have to dye her hair). She's annoying, giggly, and the total opposite of India. Strangely, they get on pretty well.





The soundtrack of The Brightest Fell (and it fits Luke's state of mind perfectly) would have to be You Me at Six's RESCUE ME - have a listen, it's awesome. The lyrics sum up Luke's state of mind perfectly - for example:


I know, I'm finding it hard to breathe


And I've been drowning in my own sleep


I feel a hate crashing over me


So rescue me...



So there we have it. My cast of characters, and my soundtrack. They're all British, relatively unknown, but are perfect for the roles, give or take a few accents and hair colours.




What do you think? Any favourite characters so far? And who do you think is the hottest?

22 comments:

  1. I'm drawn to the eyes on India Jeffries. They bring tons of emotion. Great job. I'm old and a mum, so thinking these little boys are hot, kinda makes me feel icky. But if I was still young, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha - sorry to make you feel icky ;) They are pretty hot...

      Delete
  2. Lol, I am kind of salivating over this story, it sounds fantastic! I want to read it now, so I can tell everyone about the movie that will be made from it! :D

    Brilliant entry, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! It's halfway through major edits (I'm upping the romance) but hopefully it'll be ready soon to send to agents. And if you ever fancy beta reading...

      Delete
  3. This going to be some movie! I don't know much of the cast but all look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) Some of the cast have only done a few acting jobs, but 'Luke' is going to be in the next film by Michael Morpurgo who wrote War Horse, so he might become pretty well known soon!

      Delete
  4. Your book's premise is SO intriguing! Wow! And the entire cast is ridiculously good-looking, but your Noah is a scorcher! Great casting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! And yeah, Noah is pretty tasty...

      Delete
  5. You have a great cast, and what a fabulous story!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all seem well cast, but I especially like India. She looks spot on with your description of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like a real life looking cast! Models are great to look at, but can they act? :)

    Hot factor goes to Luke because I dated a guy who looks like him once. Red heads are in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your characters. They all have a very real feel. Like I would see them on the street :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your WIP sounds AMAZING!!! Rachel Trent is adorable! Your whole cast is :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your India! She sounds like a super tough chick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice cast and I like how you gave a tiny desrip with each one. Your book sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This WiP sounds really interesting! Loving your characters. I already want to know what's happened to poor Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab cast! India's eyes go right through me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cast! Your descriptions are so interesting and I want to know what happens to the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your WIP sounds so interesting! And I love the casting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great choices-- I think "Kitty" might be my fave-- that's a fun picture that you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like Noah. Lol. Nice eyes and hair!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man! I love your cast! Beautiful choices!

    ReplyDelete